Communications Department Message:
Prepare engineers able to work in the local and global market to design and implement:
• Wireless systems
• Broadband networks
• Secured networks
• Digital communication equipment
• Internet applications and equipment
• Cellular communication networks
The department offers 179 credit hours of theoretical and practical lessons in addition to projects covering a range of integrated and interrelated subjects in various fields including software, microprocessor design, electronic devices, digital communications, computer networks, intelligent systems, programming languages and web programming, in addition to high-performance computing applications.
Program Objectives and Outputs:
• Educational goals
The graduate student should have the following:
1. Extensive knowledge in the areas of basic knowledge and mathematics with the ability to apply this knowledge in engineering.
2. Ability to identify and define engineering problems within the field of communication engineering.
3. Ability to employ various means, equipment and communication skills in modern engineering applications.
4. Ability to solve problems using analytical thinking method.
5. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
6. Professional and high ethical features and commitment to quality.
7. Ability to assume individual responsibility and work within a team.
The desired outcomes of the program are to demonstrate the ability of the graduate student to:
1. Apply knowledge gained from mathematics, science, and engineering in problem solving within the field of communication engineering.
2. Design and complete tests for data analysis and interpretation.
3. Development or design of telecommunication systems
4. Working within or leading multidisciplinary groups.
5. Understand and understand professional and ethical responsibility.
6. Communicate effectively.
7. Continuous learning to keep abreast of developments in the field of communications engineering.
8. Use the techniques, skills and modern engineering equipment necessary to practice this profession.